Allen Hurns, a Florida native who played his college ball for the Miami Hurricanes, signed a one-year, $3 million deal with the Miami Dolphins on Friday.
Hurns is coming off a disappointing 20-catch season in Dallas and suffered a brutal leg injury in the team’s playoff win vs the Seahawks. His best season as a pro came in 2015, when he racked up 1,031 yards and 10 touchdowns for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Some could consider him to be a ‘camp body’with receivers Albert Wilson, Kenny Stills, Devante Parker, Jakeem Grant, and Brice Butler already on the roster. However, the 27-year-old has made a quick turnaround from his injury. Hurns, in his first interview at Miami Dolphins training camp in Davie said he’s “ready to go” and is “glad to be back home.”
Hurns return to the field might be a short one, but he could also add a mentor type role to the Dolphins receiving core. He will wear number 86.
Miami Dolphins Training camp will continue tomorrow at 9:40AM.
Practice Schedule: (open to public)
- Sunday, July 28 – 9:40am
- Tuesday, July 30 – 10:30am
- Wednesday, July 31 – 9:40am
- Thursday, August 1 – 9:40am
- Friday, August 2 – 9:40am
- Saturday, August 3 – 1pm (Scrimmage at Hard Rock Stadium)
- Monday, August 5 – 10:30am
- Tuesday, August 6 – 9:40am
- Tuesday, August 13 – 10am (in Tampa)
- Wednesday, August 14 – 10am (in Tampa)